Sunday, January 16, 2011

Obedience trial in Barrie with Major

So, we had today our first official Novice A trial with Major! First run went amazingly well until it was time for group sit... then Major laid down when I was only 2 m away from him with a guilty look in his face.
Was I disappointed...? Yes, we would have got HIC and 194 points if he would have not laid down, but no use to think what if. Second run was in the afternoon and I could tell he was a bit tired and not as alert and to the point in his performance as he was during his first run. BUT, just giving him a bit invisible reassurance when returning to him in group sit, made a difference and he STAYED UP and was HIC and got his first leg with 189,5p.!! Yay!!
I'm so proud of my big boy! He is really developing to a wonderful boy and was so nice to get recognition of this from other people at the trial who thought he was working beautifully and is a terrific dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment