Friday, February 18, 2011

Markham show

We headed today to Markham show with Major. Only 3 BSD incl. Major was entered. One open female and a specialty male, this happened to be Mason and his sister, so it was good to see some friendly faces we know! Mason was BOB and his sister BOW. Even Major didn't get any points today I was really happy how he showed and behaved. He is such a lovely dog (me biased??!!) and when he is going to get his big boy hair and muscles, watch out! : ) He is on a good start there though, I can clearly see he has matured already in past few months. For one he has started getting a good coat and he isn't like the teenage shrimp anymore bones sticking out. I changed his food to a bit stronger one to get some fat on the bones, and I think it has worked! Tomorrow we'll go again and see what comes, at least we are in a good company, and more excitingly there is going to be 6 BSD's! So a pretty good turn up.

After this weekends shows, we will have a Rally-O trial coming up. Major will be in Advanced A and Cassi Novice A.
I am very excited to take Cassi into a real trial finally! It will be interesting for one to see how she will behave in a place we have not trained before with distractions. She did very well in our obedience training this week and I'm happy to see her progress. We did bunch of heeling, recalls and finishes. Just very easy stuff, but my goal was to have good eye contact and perfect placement in all we did.
Both of them are becoming such a pleasurable dogs to work with, which I like sooo much. They are very eager to please and tolerate repeats very well. They don't get tired very fast so I can do each 30min training easy. Cassi has definitely matured in a way she want's to do things together rather than being more interested to go and explore what happens in the neighbors yard.
Major started retrieving training and we are in the spot now when he will hold the dumbbell for few sec. sitting in front of me. I'll try getting him ready for CDX for the summer. It would be so great to have both of them entered into the specialty weeked obedience!

Now thumbs up for tomorrow, Major only needs one point to finish his CAN Ch.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment