Monday, February 28, 2011

Rally-Obedience in Barrie

Yesterday we had Rally-O trials in Barrie and it went ok. Major DQ'd 1st trial, he got just really distracted by barking dogs by the ring and then had sooo hard time getting back into business with me. I got so distracted by him acting up that I forgot some things in our routine and DQ! Well deserved even.
2nd trial for Major was much better, he was back to his normal self and after little stumbling in the figure 8 with VERY good smelling food bowls in the start, we did pretty ok run and he qualified, yey!
Cassi was so over excited that she hardly could stay in her skin. Silly I was commanding her like Major "Heel, good job, lets go..." and woosh she was 1m from me like "whoopee, lets go! Where???!"  Now here is a dog that needs the "spartan" kind of commanding even in Rally-O that is supposed to be fun and relaxed both for the owner and the dog, meaning "Heel!" and next command following. She did however get qualified in both trials, not with runs that I would be very proud of but qualified nevertheless... And of course I am proud of her, she performed very well, being FIRST time EVER in obedience trial, performing under distraction and in a new place never the less. She was not at all distracted by the public or the new place, and did everything I asked her to. I think our performance could have looked actually pretty good if I had not messed up.

Now we are waiting for the PURINA in March, Major is still hunting for the last point and also our hope is to finish his CD. Cassi is in for a Rally Novice so maybe a title for her then too if all works out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment